Monday, November 9, 2015

Santa Maria della Vittoria

This link really caught my eye because I have actually visited the church titled above. Unfortunately I can find the pictures from our family vacation to Rome but I do remember taking a photo in front of the alter. The stop in Rome was part of a bigger trip that included Venice and Croatia. However this church had a lasting impression on me the interior was absolutely stunning. The level of detail is what amazed me the most, the robes on the marble statues had such a natural look to them. Even after 400 years the statues still looked pristine, there was no wear or fading on the paintings. Just like the statues the attention to detail was bar none. Everytime I turned my head I saw new work of art tucked away somewhere else, or I looked closer at something and saw that there was much more to it. The builders of this Church wanted to create something truly unique and that is without a doubt what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment