Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Typical Grid

Grids play a pivotal role in all forms of art in photography natural grids can lead to really interesting photos. In animation grids are used to make sure a piece is being drawn proportionately and aid in the scaling process. Grids also play a role in fonts and serve to keep all the letters within in the same guidelines. With that being said grids are everywhere we look although they may not look like the standard piece of graph paper they are there.

This project required us to make a grid out of atypical objects. I took this assignment in a very literal sense I sought out to find the two most unrelated things in my room and tried to make a grid out of them. What better than half an english muffin and my spartan id card it doesn't get more random than that. Seeing that I had already ate the other half of the english muffin and only had one spartan card I was forced to assemble the grid digitally. I photographed the two next to each other and then photoshopped the image into a grid that consisted of the same image repeating it self. The end product came out much better than I expected. The randomness of the objects draws the eye in and the colors make the image pop. On top of all of this the texture of the english muffin contrasts heavily with the flat and smooth spartan card. Overall this project was enjoyable and without it I would not have learned about the important role grids play in art and other things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment