Sunday, December 13, 2015

Art Show Intro

Art Shows are always a great experience and the gallery at UT provides an excellent forum for students to display their art. I really enjoyed the art show, the pieces varied greatly in terms of the medium used for each and all of the pieces were really wonderful. Several in particular caught my eye. The first was a 3-d printed penguin by Dylan Berry, the piece is titled Your Baby Penguin. The first thing that drew me to the piece was the colors, then I was more intrigued by the shapes and the geometric nature of the piece. It is very simplistic in nature but the viewer can instantly identify that it is a penguin. Only when I looked closer at the penguin did I realize it was 3-d printed, this part really got me interested. I had worked with 3-D printers but had never seen them being applied for artistic purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment