Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Flip Book

The flip book project was extremely time consuming and tedious but I did enjoy it when I got to see my final product. The flip book really helped to illustrate the process of how a movie is made and all the work that goes into it. It also helped me to understand how difficult stop motion animation and cartoons are to make. Each individual portion of any kind of video is its own frame or drawing if it's animated.

The human mind and eyes register images at around 60 frames per second. That's pretty fast, that also means if you want to make a video that runs at 60 frames a second you need to have 60 frames of footage for everyone second of viewing time. This absolutely blows my mind my flip book ran nowhere near 60 frames per second and took me several hours to make. Thanks to this project I now know I never want to be a professional animator but I'm glad I know how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment